This is our journey. And our love, will sail us through.

Saturday, August 04, 2012

Nobody rule us





I sometimes want you to put me back on my feet again

Because

When I am done running alone and shadows don’t steam from mirrors,
Your voice foams over lights on a screaming highway and
It strums through the rain drops. I see your face through it.


I have wanted you to lend my worries.

Or

We could share them over a drink, bite into them like cookies
And you would tell me your favorite.
I will pack it up in a whisper.

We could have walked down that road again, where no one comes at this time
And Bunty The White dog has made it his home.
You could tell me to sit by you. Street lights have washed our faces into the brightest orange.
Your stubby fingers skitter cigarette ash on my jeans.
It’s your sly smile ; you make my skin slip down ; let it creep over you and never come back.

So, play that stupid song you think ‘is the hottest’ and let cars stare at us as they go by.

Tell more about your dreams, your regrets.
Make me sit right here- under the rain at midnight, sharing a cigarette.
Just talk, just talk to me.
Let this all turn back, melt the clocks, explode the trains, hijack airlines, burn these tickets.

I don’t want to go.

Nobody rules Bunty and I just wanted, the same for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment